Raspberry Mousse Tutorial

Life tip: Find yourself a friend who is an amazing cook and willing to share her recipes. Sooner or later, she will turn you into a half decent cook as well. Today, I dedicate this post to Wanda, for being that friend.

Could anything be more "summery" than a fluffy raspberry mousse? I didn't think so either. I did a little happy dance in my heart when I saw that Aldi had raspberries on sale this week. I couldn't wait to have this dessert in my fridge again.


Recipe:
3 Tbs. cold water
1 envelope unflavored gelatin

2 cups frozen or fresh raspberries
1/2 cup sugar

1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla

Dissolve gelatin in water and set aside. Cook raspberries and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Its ok if the berries get smashed while they are cooking. I actually like them smashed. I'm getting a little sidetracked here. :) Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and stir the gelatin mixture into the raspberry mixture. Let it cool. Beat the whipping cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Add the raspberry mixture to the cream and you're done! It's that simple. Try your very best not to eat it all in one day. But I won't tell anyone if you do. ;)

Comments

  1. Hello!! Thanks for the recipe- I can't wait to try it out!! :) The funny thing is, my name is also "Wanda", and I also LOVE trying out new recipes, and sharing them with my friends. :) If you want me to add your name to my email list, I'll gladly do that for you!! I don't have a blog, so if you want to receive my emails, I'll have to add you myself. It is not the best thing ever, but it works for now. :/ Hopefully soon here I'll have a blog. :) Hope to hear from you soon.
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts