A Day in Photos

I'm standing on the edge of a brand new season. I've had a little girl as my shadow for eight beautiful years. In January, Shiloh will go to kindergarten three days a week. The little girl shadow will be gone. I feel a twinge of sadness about this. I'll miss her constant commentary about what the dogs are thinking. There won't be a little hand to put in the Aldi quarter. But I also feel excitement for this new stage. I have new ideas for my writing. I want to host more friends for coffee. Every season holds beautiful gifts. 

Yesterday, I documented my day by taking a photo roughly every hour. I've done this before. It always helps me see my ordinary life through new eyes. This what my life looks like right now. Soon, it will look different. 

6:31 AM. Packing Chad's lunch. Making coffee.

6:49 AM. The Bible Recap reading plan and chai tea.

7:09 AM. Interesting morning clouds.



7:45 AM. One is snuggling on the couch. One is practicing Victory Drill.

7:58 AM. Waiting for Vienna's ride to school in the cold wind.

9:12 AM. Ordering photos and running shoes and Christmas fabric for two little girls that want matching dresses. Shiloh "types" on an old computer beside me.

10:05 AM. Made my bed. Stacked my books.


10:42 AM. Dewormed the dogs and took them for a walk.

11:35 AM. Baked some bougie chocolate chip cookies.


1:39 PM. Cleaned the AirBnb.

2:31 PM. Drank a Bubly and wrote until school pick up time.

3:40 PM. Took a walk to the neighbor lady's house in the still very cold wind.

4:34 PM. Lit a candle before cooking supper.

5:25 PM. Mushroom Swiss burgers and peas. (Except it's mozzarella cheese instead of swiss because swiss isn't that good.)

7:32 PM. Put the clean sheets back on the girls bunk beds.

8:55 PM. Waiting for the girls to finish their baths. Ending the day with reading. (I'm not sure if I recommend this book. I'm only a few chapters into it. But, I can tell you the writing is PHENOMENAL.)

As I review the photos, I'm struck by how much of my day isn't pictured. You don't see the boring leftovers we ate for lunch or the late night trek to the garage to drop off the neighbor's vehicle or the husband standing in the barn talking about fishing with two boys from church or the second grader showing me her school photos. Most of life is lived outside the frame. Beauty abounds in the quiet, unseen moments. 

Have a good Tuesday my friends! 







































Comments

Popular Posts