Morning Thoughts

I'm writing before anything else this morning so that I won't talk myself out of it today. 

Today is Chad's birthday. For four months of the year, he can tease me about being older than him. But not after today. We are both twenty-nine now. We've spent a third of those years together. What a gift!

Today marks the end of my 25 Hard challenge. I haven't done it perfectly but I definitely made better choices than I would have without the challenge. The workout every day was the hardest to prioritize. The food goals were the easiest to complete, which surprised me. I'm really glad I did it because I learned that I can say no. I want to start a new challenge focused on my phone habits after this. 

This morning, I'm having an old friend for coffee and I'm so excited about it. Friendship in the last few years has just felt wonky. I think there's possibly 29832 factors that play into this, which I will not elaborate on now. One night, I told Chad, "I think I need more friends." He replied with, "You can have some of mine." You might be able to guess which one of us is more social. Haha! I'm learning that in the past, I had a tiny little box labeled "friendship." I'm choosing to look for connection outside of that tiny box. I'm finding it in the librarian who asks how my girls are doing and in the neighbor lady who drops off veggies and fruit. Today, I will find it at my kitchen table over pastries and coffee. 

Happy Tuesday! 

(the winter sunlight in my house is perfection)


Comments

Popular Posts