Perspective

The crazy thing is we think we know
About things like Timing and what is Good and what we Need. 
As if we are not mere humans 
With skewed vision.

And its not till the midwife lays her on my chest
All bloody and wide eyed and crying
That I know without a doubt.
My God is the one who sees and truly knows.

I cradle her close
And I can't stop the tears.
Because this unexpected miracle 
Is the healing and redemption my heart desperately craved.

I rock her in the dark and wonder
How our view of the hard things would change
If only we had His perspective.


Shiloh Maddyn was born on October 12. We can't get over her.


Comments

  1. Aww she is soo sweet! Happy for y'all! I kept checking your blog to see if you updated and hoping/praying this baby would be easier on you. Best wishes
    Marj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and also I appreciate this poem. "...As if we are not mere humans with skewed vision... My God is the one who sees and truly knows" I would not have thought a cardiac baby and long hospital stays was good or what we needed but I'm trying to trust God truly knows. Thank you for writing this.
    Marj

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts