Ten Things Bringing Me Joy

 1. random brain exercises

Somedays, the monotony of laundry and cleaning and cooking and child care makes me question my sanity. So I've started choosing something to think about to prevent the brain cells from withering. One day, I named all my house plants after famous people. The next day I made a list of favorite words. It helps. Try it.

2. waffles topped with real whipped cream

(and raspberries and bananas) They were amazing. I can't wait to make them again.

3. accepting help

We may or may not have contracted the unmentionable disease. It was rough. Accepting help got us through. 

4. conversations about books

I'm in a WhatsApp group that was created simply for the purpose of discussing books. It is a delight!

5. poetry by Mary Oliver


Her work is beautiful! Here's a sample.


Let me keep company always with those who say

    "Look!" and laugh in astonishment,

    and bow their heads.


See what I mean?

6. Raleigh salve


Vienna took a hard hit on our driveway this week I have her convinced that the salve my mom used on me and my sisters can heal anything except a broken heart. Because it's that good.

7. spring branches on my table



I can't stop staring.

8. an answered prayer

I didn't even know how or what to pray. But still, God answered. Because He's that good.

9. sunshine



It fuels my solar powered soul.

10. an organized fridge

I've never been able to keep my fridge organized for longer than five minutes until.... I designated the entire top shelf for left overs and vegetables/fruits that need eaten sooner rather than later. It's been organized for several weeks in a row now. I don't even recognize myself. 

What’s bringing you joy today?


Comments

Popular Posts