Currently No. 2

Waaaayyyy back in July of 2020, I posted what I hoped would become a regular series on this blog, the "Currently" series. I wanted it to be a way of giving ya'll a peek into my everyday life. And then somehow ten months pasted and I never posted in that series again. Today is the day to change that! I'm resurrecting this series and adding something to it. The original post had a section for reading, listening, thinking, and living. I am going to add "loving" to that list. Probably at least once a week I think to myself, "I should tell my blog readers about this thing." So that's what the loving section will be for. Let's do this.

Reading...

less than usual. I'm slowly crawling out of a major reading rut. Stories with a little edge and mystery seem to be the only thing that holds my attention these days but I haven't read any that are great enough to recommend yet. Stay tuned. I'm rethinking my format for sharing books here.

Listening...

to this song on repeat. I discovered it around Easter and I'm still obsessed with it. 

Thinking...

about minimalism. I was kind of forced into minimalism by our old house with very few closets. Now, I'm addicted to the mental space I get when I eliminate physical stuff. How far will I take it?? I'm not sure but today I found myself wondering if we really need this many forks. Haha! You can call me crazy. 

Living...

in full bloom. I told Chad a few weeks ago that if he needs to know how I'm feeling, just look at the trees. If the trees are stripped and brown, I feel like a barren shell of myself. But when the trees are full and dripping with green, I'm thriving and living my best days. This spring has filled my soul all the way back up.


Loving...

cold brew coffee. My best friend gave me a cold brew coffee maker for my birthday last year and I couldn't wait for the days it was warm enough to use it again. (I just can't bring myself to drink iced coffee when its freezing outside.) I love the way a long cold brew eliminates the normal bitterness of coffee. I drink it over ice and add a generous amount of flavored creamer and a dash of heavy whipping cream. It's a delight.


I'll try not let ten months pass before publishing No. 3 in this series. I'd love to do these once a month but I can't make any promises. Have a lovely weekend, friends! 


Comments

Popular Posts