Beauty and Light

 "It takes great courage to see the world in all its tainted glory, and still to love it." Oscar Wilde

The world is broken and bleeding. But also, the world is bursting with light and beauty. I want to show you some of the light and beauty I've noticed the past few weeks.



Where we live, we can't see the sunrise. If I happen to be driving in the early morning, I can't stop staring.


I ate beautiful food, in a beautiful venue, with beautiful women. 


I looked out the door and could only see their book sticking out of the hammock.


My husband was so happy he picked up a girl and swung her high.


I sat with Chad in the woods. He hunted. I read. We were both so happy.


My three year old crisscrossed her toes and sang "Happy Birthday" to herself all week.


I found a few minutes to journal while waiting to meet a friend.


Books found me on my walk.


The girls and I collected colors and arranged them on our old wooden floor.


I made "those little triangles" with pie crust remnants.


My five year old is looking less like a child and more like a girl every day. I can almost see the woman she will be.


We went to the rail trail and I had to (or got to) run to keep up with the two little people on bikes.

May you have eyes to see the beauty and light surrounding you today. He has never stopped holding us in the palm of his hand.





























Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures/moments! Your girls are so cute!!
    I love how you said that the world is broken and bleeding but still bursting with light and beauty. So true! This has been a topic constantly coming up for me: choosing to see the beauty in the brokenness, looking for the lovely, being thankful for the "unnecessary blessings". . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts