There’s a Word for That.

The best thing happened to me the other day. I was listening to a podcast and heard a word that was new to me. That word (or maybe it’s more of a term) is slow blogging. I imagine a light bulb flicked on above my head and somewhere a piano played the “da da da dun” sound. It was a complete revelation.

Let’s back up a bit. The truth is I’ve been feeling a little guilty about the amount of silence happening on this space. It’s not that I don’t want to write. I really do! I have dozens of blog post ideas ricocheting in my brain and they drive me to distraction some days. But when I sit down to try to put thoughts into words I remember that I’m pregnant. And apparently it’s nearly impossible for me to grow a human and grow words simultaneously. So while the human is making her presence quite visible, all my words have gone into hiding. 

So imagine my delight when I realized that my lack of new content on this blog is not me neglecting it... it’s just me being a slow blogger. 😊 Slow blogging, as I would describe it, is simply this... writing only when the words want to come, not forcing or scheduling posts, and not turning my blog into a brand. I shall be clinging to this new word as long as it applies to me and using it with pride. 

If you are feeling inadequate in some area today, perhaps the solution is to find a word that describes what you are doing and makes it sound like something cool. It won’t change the situation but at least you have a word for it. I encourage using your new word with confidence and soon people will think you really know what you are talking about. 😂  Happy Tuesday, friends!

Comments

Popular Posts