Three Things I Will Never Understand

Life is interesting. And sometimes unexplainable.

1. My body has reached that level of exhaustion known only by a pregnant woman with a toddler in the heat of summer. Nearly all day, my body screams, "Let me have a nap!" This is understandable. What is not understandable is the funny thing my brain is doing. Simultaneous to my body begging for a nap, my brain is whispering, "You know all those drawers that are slightly unorganized? Why don't you go to Walmart and buy cute little containers to hold those pens and batteries and make Marie Kondo proud? And for the love of Pete, why are you still hanging on to that tank top you have owned since you were 14? PURGE ALL OF YOUR CLOTHES NOW (and your husband's if he will let you) and donate to Goodwill immediately! And while you're on a roll, just go ahead and paint the living room and the coffee table and Vienna's bed." 

I wish I was making this up but I have actually done all of these except paint the living room and I have no doubt I will start into that project any minute now. And the night after I spray painted Vienna's metal bed, I laid awake for hours thinking about all the other things in this house I could spray paint. Spray painting has become my new hobby. 

I thought our bodies and our brains were supposed to be in tune with each other. Or at least act like adults and work together even if they don't feel like it. I guess that rule only applies until one becomes pregnant, in which case they are given permission to engage in civil war with each other. Can someone please stage an intervention before I donate my washer or spray paint the fridge or collapse from sheer exhaustion? (As I typed that last sentence, I thought, "I think you can buy chalk board spray paint and how cool would a chalk board fridge be?" I NEED HELP!) Here is a photo of my newly painted coffee table. The color makes me ridiculously happy.


2. Did you know its possible for a toddler to devour a peach milkshake for five full minutes and not even let her mommy have sips because its so delicious; then suddenly she will remove a minuscule morsel of peach from her mouth and declare that she doesn't like peaches and that the milkshake is inedible? I was as shocked as you are. Parenting leaves me speechless more than anything else in life. On the bright side, I got to sip the rest of the milkshake in peace. 

3. And lastly, why would a potential puppy buyer be so obsessed with the puppy's blue eyes when they will change to a yellowish brown in a matter of months, like every other Cane Corso on the planet? I spent more time than I care to admit trying to get an up close picture of the pup's eyes in the sunlight (the one we sent her first was in the shade and the blue color didn't show up very good she said.) She had sent us a photo from the internet of a puppy sitting perfectly still with its beautiful blue eyes sparkling in the sunshine. She wanted a picture like that of our puppy. I have concluded that they must have drugged that puppy on the internet because I got pictures of our puppy in every position EXCEPT sitting sweetly in the sunshine. And no, she never bought the puppy so my efforts were in vain.



Some things I will never understand. So I will just write about them. Happy End of July people. :)


Comments

  1. Your posts make me laugh every time! And your coffee table is cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts