Things I Could Tell You About

Well, hello. Nearly every day, I think about blogging but then the question quickly follows, "What about?"

I could tell you how I sent my girl to kindergarten, a few weeks ago. I didn't shed a single tear but I did lie in bed the night before and tell Chad, "I'm so nervous for her!" He was truly baffled by these feelings and an older mom told me, "Keep your girlfriends. There are some things husbands just don't get." Vienna is doing so well and I love seeing her thrive in new spaces.


 

I could tell you about some really good books I've read. But I find book reviews to be the hardest things to write! I tend to remember how a book made me feel more than the plot or even the characters. I'm not sure I make a convincing argument when I tell someone, "Read this book because it made me feel sad in a good way." I can already see y'all racing to the library to get your hands on that one.

I could tell you about my word for 2022. I chose 'walk.' Sadly, I could count on one hand the amount of walks I took in January. The reasons for this were a never ending sickness and a thermometer that got stuck in the single digits. But now, the days are long enough that I can walk after supper and I'm getting back into my rhythm. Regardless of how many actual walks I take this year, I want walking to become my mindset. Life is not an emergency or a race. I could benefit from running fewer, frantic marathons in my mind and replacing them with small, confident steps. 

I could tell you about how I left Instagram in 2020 and assumed I’d never go back. Then, I tiptoed back in a year later because I love to write and Instagram is a good place to share my words. This year, I’ve been experimenting with deleting it from my phone every other week. So far, this practice has been very helpful in keeping social media in its place. It’s something I will continue to re-evaluate.

I hope you enjoyed this tiny peek into my brain. Everyone in my house is fast asleep. The old radiators are clicking and clacking. And I have the most delightful book waiting for me. Goodnight, all!



Comments

Popular Posts