Seven New Things

 It's finally spring and the world is fairly bursting with newness. I'm reveling in it.


I look forward to baby maple leaves all winter.


I've never prioritized gardening.... until I realized how much my six year old loves growing things. Now, we have a small, new garden. Her little strawberry marker is my favorite part of it.


I have a new determination to keep these ferns alive all summer. They have died every other year but surely this year will be different! Hanging ferns on my porch makes me feel like a real southern lady. (Which is very important seeing as I live a whole thirteen miles south of the Mason Dixon line.)


This brand new book has been a delight! Kendra Adachi helps me think about ordinary things with more clarity.


Iced matcha lattes are my new favorite drink. They are a wonderful alternative when I'm craving coffee but can't have it because I am now an old person who can't handle caffeine after lunch time. Also, I require my flip flops to have support now. I guess this is twenty-seven. :)


Our front porch has been graced with many packages the past few weeks as we prepare for a new project. We are turning one of our rental properties into an AirBnb. Its been so fun collecting green velvet chairs and cute coffee mugs and a mini floral waffle maker for the new space. I hope to share more pictures once the project is complete.

I don't have a picture to accompany the last new thing. I started cleaning offices with my sister on the weekends. I absolutely love it. Its so refreshing to spend a few hours a week focused on ONE THING. I don't have to pause to switch laundry or settle a fight between sisters or set out meat for supper. It also gives me and my sister a chance to discuss celebrity trials and true crime podcasts to our hearts' content. It's a win all around! :)

Tell me about something new in your life. Happy Spring to ya'll!














Comments

  1. Something new: I've been tracking my reading history since the beginning of the year and I love having that record of "see all those books I read?" Today I bought a new-to-me color of geranium, a deep magenta with lighter pink highlights. I wasn't sure where I'd put it, but it just wanted to come home with me. :) Pizza over the campfire is another new delicious thing for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog. Something new today... my daughter had her hammock up and decided to try to get in it. Oh it was so beautiful looking up at the trees and the cloudless blue sky. I think I could've taken a nap there.😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had forgotten about your blog for a long time. Now, after remembering it again and reading some posts I wonder why I forgot at all. I really like your blog and will try to catch up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts