Rise

For Carrie. May you rise.

I Will Rise by Hallel Music

It was one of the very first songs she sang. She lisped her way through the lyrics, unable to manage the R's.

"I will rise when He calls my name. No more sorrow. No more pain."

In ten short years, she has known her share of sorrow and pain. The sorrow of a broken home and inability to communicate big feelings. The pain of seizures and digestive problems.

Nothing prepares you to watch a child struggle like that and I find myself begging God for healing. I long for her to rise.... above the diagnosis, above the disabilities, above the fear.

Easter came and went. This year, Easter was something I knew in my head but struggled to feel in my heart. While my heart wept and questioned, I clung hard to the truth. "The victory is won. He is risen from the dead. And I will rise."

Because He rose, we will rise.

The poor will rise and own a mansion. The lonely will rise and find Jesus to be the kindest friend. The sick will rise and be given a new body. The broken will rise and He will wipe their tears. The little girl with a chromosome deletion will rise and be made whole. For today, knowing that is enough.

Comments

  1. So beautiful! So full of hope, even in the middle of pain. Thank you for the words of truth this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for sharing your heart. What a precious hope we have in Jesus! It is in Him alone that we can rise above our circumstances even while here on earth yet. And what a glorious resurrection we have to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts