Changing One's Mind (Or Not)

I despise yard sales until I find a pair of shoes that make me feel like Anne of Green Gables. 

They are a complete waste of time unless you score a brand new Apples to Apples game and play it with your friends from church and laugh until you cannot breath when the "droopy" card is played.

I would not recommend them unless they are selling the warmest hoodie that will replace the worn out, too small hoodie you've been wearing since you were seventeen.

July Fourth weekend starts tomorrow. I have this written in my planner. Maybe I've changed my mind about yard sales. 

Preserving large quantities of food is pointless until your five year old helps you pick the juiciest berries and washes every last one while you cap and freeze them for smoothies.

Making your own jelly is over the top unless you find yourself with an excess of wild black raspberries. In which case, you borrow a juicer from a friend and go to the store for more sugar and feel very much like Laura Ingles Wilder the whole time. 

This morning I texted a friend for her fruit slush recipe because it was the best I've ever had. Who knew that spending a few extra hours in your kitchen isn't overwhelming when you no longer have a baby crying on your hip?? Maybe I've changed my mind about canning/freezing/preserving food.

Wearing look alike dresses with your daughter feels tacky and overrated until your daughter notices that all the other little girls match their moms and decides she wants to match you too. You indulge her wishes just one time because you really love her. But you cringe inwardly because it still feels tacky and overrated. My mind shall remain fixed on some issues.... at least for now! :)

What is something you have changed your mind about recently?



Comments

Popular Posts