Dear Mommy

Dear Mommy,

Mother's Day is coming up real soon (Daddy told me so) and there's some things I've been meaning to talk to you about. I mostly just want to discuss the things I hear you tell other people.

You told your friend you never did get back into some of those dresses with the big wide belts after I was born. I have always thought you looked just fine. Nothing cheers me up quite like seeing your face and I especially love it when you laugh. Laughing makes your eyes sparkle and you look positively stunning. So don't worry if your tummy is a little fluffier than it used to be. People will remember your smile more than anything else.

And then one day I heard you tell Grandma about all the things I tore up before lunch time. But the truth is, you seemed awful busy and preoccupied that morning and you hadn't read a single book to me yet. I tried the "tugging on the skirt clinging to the leg" method but you didn't seem to get the hint so climbing on top of the table and spilling the salt shaker was my very last resort. Just like I suspected, that did the trick and I finally had your full attention.

When Daddy came home and gave you a hug, I heard you whisper, "I don't feel like I'm enough." And I'm pretty sure I saw you blink back some tears too. But Mommy, you are enough, I promise. No one understands me quite like you do. You can make me laugh the hardest. When my teeth hurt in the middle of the night, you come give me Tylonel and tuck me back in just right. And I know that no one else loves me as fiercely as you do. Those are the things that really matter. And although I can't tell you yet, I really do love you too! You're my favorite person. Happy Mother's Day, Mommy.

Sincerely,
Your Toddler

Comments

Popular Posts