A post with pictures.

There's something you must understand about me.  I am not a photographer.  I have two sisters who are quite talented in this art.  They have fancy cameras and talk about things like millimeters and apertures.  They download and upload and edit and print like it's their second nature.  And then there's me.  The sister who breaks her husband's camera because she tried to jam the charger in upside down.  I wish I was making this up.  (Good marriage strengthening material right there.)  I honestly had never even downloaded one photo to our computer until today.  And I still don't know how to put it anywhere except the desktop.  Everyone seems to know exactly what they are doing with pictures these days.  They make cute little Shutterfly books and puzzles and magnets online.  And I'm over here kinda wishing I lived back in the day when you only brought out the camera for that awkward first date photo beside the car and those four generation photos where no one was smiling and the baby was bawling.  But I know that blogs are so much more interesting with at least a few photos scattered among the words so I will try my very best.  Most of the photos will probably be taken with my phone because I tend to snap with that quicker than my camera so the quality might not be amazing.  I guess it's better than nothing.  I thought I would start by introducing you to my little family.
This is Vienna Brooke.  We planted herbs and daisies together on Saturday.  I'm not sure who had more fun, me or her?
Here is all three of us.  My sister took this photo so that's why it looks so nice.

And this is Chad on his 3 wheeler.  He smiles like a little boy when he's on that thing.

Adding those three photos has caused me enough high blood pressure for today.  They aren't in the order I wanted them to be but I just GIVE UP!  If you know of anyone offering cheap (as in free) "how to get with the 21st century in the area of photography" classes, PLEASE send them my way!  I offer warm brownies and ice cream as payment.



Comments

  1. Oh Geneva. You and I must be related. Ed has showed me so many times how to get the photos off the camera but still I struggle. I know I just need to do it more often until I get it, like riding a bike, but I hate these technology things.

    Sounds like you need to have a sister gathering! I'm sure you have some skills you can swap.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently one can either be a writer or a techy person? OK, maybe some people can do both, but I am on your side of the fence...when I want pictures on my blog, I take them and then hand the camera to Wesley and say, "Can you down-load some pictures?" No, if it was't for my in-house tech-support, I would't have a blog (or at least one wth pictures!!!) On the other hand, not everybody has the writer's gene, either, so I guess its the "sharing of the gifts" that makes the world go 'round! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog cracked me up. Love how you describe things! :) And I love the row of flowers on that stone wall! All the heart eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts