Living held.

It's that thing I know in my head,
But forget in my heart.

I wake up trying,
Fall asleep wrung and worn.
Still the voice haunts,
"Not enough."
So I run faster.
Fall harder.
And beneath all this struggle
Is simply a heart
Longing to be held.

When did being held become a destination?
What if I am already held?

The truth soaks in slow,
Drowning out lies.
In Christ,
I. Am. Held.
Not because of my performance.
Because of His love.
I can rest.
All my running, performing
Will only take me farther
From His holding hands.
I can start here,
Held.
And when I go,
It will be with confidence.

No more chasing a mirage of approval.
My best is enough.
Because I know I am held.


My word of the year for 2017 has been "held."  I'm trying to learn what it means to 'live held' in real life.  It's threatening to change me in a hundred ways.  And I guess I welcome that. 











Comments

  1. Wow! Thank you for these words!
    "When did being held become a destination? What if I am already held"
    I needed that reminder...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts