A New Thing

I’ve spent 30+ hours in the car this week which means my lower back has seen better days which means I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night, which means I had plenty of time for thinking. Here’s what  I’ve been thinking... I love writing and I want to do more of it. But somehow this blog always gets shoved to the back burner and I think I know why... there is no deadline. I could post today, or next week, or three years from now. There’s no time limit and so I can easily convince myself that I will do it later. But later rarely comes.

I’ve been doing some writing for Daughters of Promise and I have no problem prioritizing my article and meeting the deadlines they give me. I thrive under a little pressure. So, I’ve decided to try something new. I’m giving myself a deadline for publishing in this space. My deadline will be Friday.

For the months of February and March I plan to share a post every Friday. At the end of March I will reevaluate and decide if I love or loath having a schedule. If it’s not working, I give myself permission to stop. But something tells me I’m going to love it. Only time will tell. See you on Friday, friends!

Comments

  1. Yay! looking forward to it! ��
    -Marj (not the related one. I forgot Marj was related to you until your sis was in our area and Marj said she was her niece)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applaud you for setting this challenge! Looking forward to reading more here! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts