Imperfect but Beautiful

When I stepped off the plane after nearly a month in Europe, Chad was waiting for me. I had pneumonia and was dealing with jet lag so I didn't feel like my best self, but we were together. And we were so happy.

We dated for six months and our dreams of a life together grew stronger all the time. Both of us knew it wasn't a matter of IF we would get married, it was simply a matter WHEN.

The weekend before Christmas, I went with his family to Pigeon Forge. Chad and I went out by ourselves one night and looked at all the Christmas lights. His brothers were POSITIVE we were going to get engaged that night. We proved that its possible to view Christmas lights without becoming engaged! (Side note: There should be a special support group for any girl dating the youngest in a family of boys. Haha!) 

We came home with Chad's brother and his wife. Chad was driving and he kept saying he wanted to get home before dark. Chad loves a challenge and so I didn't think it strange at all that he turned this eight hour car ride into a competition with the sun. 

We got back to Chad's home just a little before dusk. Chad said he wanted to show me the cabin that he looked after in the summer. It was only a mile or so from his house and he had been wanting to show it to me for a long time. 

Beside the cabin, was a pond with a swinging rope bridge over it. He led me down to the bridge and suddenly I knew why he wanted to get home before dark. HE WAS GOING TO PROPOSE! I said, "Yes!" and then, "Are you serious??" and then, "When?" On May 31, 2014, I became Mrs. Geneva Eby.

Being a flawed, human being and choosing to love another flawed, human being isn't always easy. I saw first hand that divorce can happen to anyone. The fear of my own marriage falling apart has been there since day one. While writing this series, I've realized that God knew my fears. He knew that I needed proof that my future husband was in it for the long haul. And so He gave me Chad, who showed me over and over again that he was willing to wait and eager to love me, even when I gave him no reason to stay.

And that is our imperfect, but (in my opinion) beautiful love story.

Comments

Popular Posts