A Month of Doing Hard Things

I saw a fitness coach on Instagram doing a "25 Hard" challenge, a spin off of the popular "75 Hard." Discipline is a character trait that I have been lacking in my life. I've been scrolling too much, eating too many desserts, and skipping the walks and runs that my brain desperately needs. This challenge seemed like a good way to reestablish some necessary routines into my days. I asked two of my sisters if they wanted to join me and they agreed.


We each personalized the challenges to fit our own lives. Here are my goals for each day.
  • Drink one gallon of water
  • Exercise for 25 minutes (preferably outside)
  • Read ten pages of an educational book
  • Skip all desserts
  • No food until after 9:00 AM (a loose intermittent fasting schedule)
  • Only drink coffee every other day
I'm on my fifth day of completing these goals. I'm already seeing positive changes in how I feel both physically and mentally. So why not add one more thing to the list?

A writer friend is challenging herself to write every day of November. I decided to join her. I've had an explosion of blog post ideas the past few days. The words are burning holes in my brain again. I could ignore them and wait for them burn themselves out. Or, I could cultivate some discipline and share them with you. I'm choosing the latter. Discipline might not be the easy choice but it's a choice I never regret. Right now, I'm thinking that I will alternate every other day between a blog post and an Instagram post. 

November is going to be a month of strengthening my figurative and literal muscles, doing the hard things, and finding joy in the process. 



Comments

Popular Posts